Required Documentation for Locum Work
As a Crown Commercial Services National Framework holder for the supply of medical locums to the NHS, we take professional standards seriously and fulfilled required documentation guidelines. Compliance in the NHS has never been more important. Both doctors and patients need to be protected from the risks of infection and disease, whilst we ensure the doctors we place are fit to practice. We always strive to promote the ethos – Supporting Doctors Protecting Patients. As a valued locum doctor, our dedicated compliance team are committed to ensuring that you have a quick and hassle free induction and recruitment process. In order for us to provide you with suitable locum work and comply with Department of Health guidelines we require the following items:
- Up to date CV with the names of two referees from your last two engagements
- Copy of passport and evidence of entitlement to work in the UK (visa if applicable)
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure issued by Medecho (Police Check).
- Training Certificates (BLS/ILS or higher ALS/ATLS/ APLS)
- Evidence of immunity for Hepatitis B Antibody, Measles, Rubella, Varicella, and TB/BCG Scar Report
- Evidence of full registration with the GMC/copy of GMC certificate
- Certificate of Higher qualifications (Medical Degree)
- Registration pack & Medical Questionnaire (provided by Medecho)
The following reports are required for Exposure prone procedures (EPPs) on an Identified Validated Sample (IVS):
- Negative results for Hep B surface antigen, Hep C antibodies and HIV 1 & 2
If you do not have all the required documentation no need to worry! From the moment you register with us you will be appointed a single point of contact compliance officer, who will guide you through the compliance process. Our dedicated compliance team are fully trained in all legislative and regulatory aspects required for the induction/registration process. We regularly have open days and home visits where our compliance team help you with everything from mandatory training to structuring your CV.